Volunteer With Us
No matter what skills, experience or expertise you have or how much time you have to give, we are always looking for volunteers to join us.
By giving your time you can really make a difference, there are lots of ways to get involved. There are many benefits to volunteering. Whatever, your reasons are for joining, you can expect to have lots of fun, to meet some great people from all walks of life and be part of your local community. Doing something worthwhile and productive with your spare time can make a big difference to the lives of the older English speaking community on the Costa del Sol.
We have a choice of opportunities, so you can find the role that is best suited to you.
* Retail customer services in Main Shop or the Book Shop - putting out new stock, keeping the shop clean and tidy. Helping customers or working behind the counter on the till.
* Retail work – behind the scenes – sorting, ironing, pricing
* Welfare Work – visiting clients, helping at the coffee mornings and chatting with clients. Helping clients with their shopping or sorting out problems or enquiries.
Supporting clients who have suffered a bereavement or a client whose spouse/partner is receiving respite care and needs a friend to talk to.
* Driving – taking clients for medical appointments or to the coffee mornings. We are always in need of drivers. This role is not on a daily basis – it is 'on an as needed basis'
with prior consultation and arrangement.
* Translator – for Doctor or hospital appointments, sorting out issues with Utility or Service Companies/providers. It may be to simply explain to someone over the
phone what a message in Spanish is on your mobile phone!
Volunteers are not 'the fonts of all knowledge' but we can say confidently, that if we don't know the answer to your question, then we will try and find out for you or put you in
touch with someone who does.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, email – firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the information line 635 407 255 or shop number 675 874 308 or visit the shop and speak to Syd, Tom,
Natalie or Carol.
You will be required to complete an application form and provide two referees.